Mystery Blogger Award Nominee…that’s me!
I know I should have said “that is I” instead of “that’s me,” but who cares about grammar at a time like this? Anyhow, yay! And thank you Doree Weller for nominating me!
So, some housekeeping details. There are rules involved. Serious rules.
Rule #1: Put the Mystery Blogger Award logo on the blog post. See above.
Rule #2: List the rules. They are as follows (starting with number 3 since you already have 1 and 2):
Rule #3: Thank the nominator and provide a link to that person’s blog. Mention what the blogger does.
Thanks again, Doree Weller. Doree is a writer of speculative YA fiction who blogs about writing and books over at DoreeWeller.wordpress.com. Doree also loves dogs and hiking, and we all know dog lovers are a special breed of people.
Rule #4: Mention the creator of the Mystery Blogger Award and provide a link.
The creator, Okoto Enigma, considers the Mystery Blogger Award her greatest media feat so far. Okoto believes “there are a lot of amazing blogs out there that haven’t been discovered yet. And…these blogs deserve recognition.” Also, the word mystery sort of plays with Okoto’s name Enigma. What a cool name Okoto Enigma is!
Rule #5: Tell readers three things about me.
- I like spiders, but I’m afraid of yellow jackets (the insect, not the garment…well, maybe the garment, too. I mean, who looks good in yellow?).
- My hair is purple.
- Sometimes you can find me wandering around old cemeteries.
Rule #6: Nominate 10-20 bloggers. I happily nominate (in random order):
Toni at Musings from Mara
Lydia at Lydia Howe
Stephanie at Southern Graves
Rochelle at The Notebook Blogairy
Trin at The Global Dig
Tasha from Tasha’s Thinkings
Erin at Texerin in Sydneyland
Patricia at Patricia Lynne
Tui at Tui Snider
Julie at Persephone Knits
Cait at Clicks Clan
Rule #7: Notify nominees by commenting on their blogs.
This one is in process.
Rule #8: Ask Nominees five questions, with one weird or funny one.
Here are the questions Doree asked me:
- What is the last game you played and with whom? Answer: I played Cards Against Humanity with the writers at the Better Books Marin writing conference. It was an absolute blast. I laughed so hard I worried I had punctured my ear drum. I hadn’t, but I did have ear pain for several days. And it was so worth it!
- What is a favorite quote? Answer: “Waiting was a sin against both the time that was still to come, and against the moments one was currently disregarding” (Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere).
- What is the best compliment someone has paid you? Answer: You’re a good listener. (It’s true, I am. Mostly because I prefer listening over talking.)
- Your favorite pizza topping? Answer: That’s easy–artichoke hearts, black olives, feta cheese. Yum!
- Favorite question to ask others? Answer: What happened after that? See answer number 3. Plus, the storyteller in me never tires of hearing stories.
Rule #9: Share a link to my best posts.
So, those are the rules. Have you ever been blog tagged? What do you think about the game of blog tag? In case you’re curious, below are the five questions I will ask my nominees. Feel free to answer them yourself in the comments. I’d love to hear!
- What’s the most remote place you’ve ever visited?
- What cool but odd gift did you receive?
- What was the last book you read?
- What song would you like to hear when you walk into a room?
- (Weird question) If you happened to meet a ghost, what would you say?